Culpepers' Market factors.
Our products are commodity items and are traded internationally. Pricing and supply of these products are affected by many factors which include the following.
- Size of the crop. Especially the amount being planted.
- World and local demand. Australian consumers have to pay the world price for local grown produce!
- Changes in currency exchange rates.
- Crops can be affected by diseases and insect predication which adversely affect global supply.
- Grower expectations. Growers can change crops if they believe they will earn a greater profit by switching crops.
- Increases in the costs of production, importing and the general cost of doing business.
- Changes in Government regulations, taxes and charges.
- An increase in the amount of misinformation within market reports from growers and traders, all designed to keep price high.
- Shipping disruptions, sabotage, strikes and other industrial disputes!
and of course....
"Rain, too much, too little or none at all!".
Culpepers Designer fruit cake 26 November 2021
Check out our facebook page for a eggless fruitcake recipe
Plum puddings 19 November 2021
Plum puddings are full of dried fruit, namely Raisins and Sultanas and...
Salt - New pack sizes available 15 November 2021
New salt pack sizes available. Check out the featured product section...